Wake up! It’s June! Where did the time go! In the blink of an eye, we are almost halfway through the year of 2022. Saying that out loud physically makes me ill, lol. June is a big month of me, as it is a milestone marker for me and many people around my age. June is the month that marks one year at my job. It’s the month that I signed my first apartment lease. It’s the month I committed to going to graduate school. All of those things have shaped me and quite literally put me where I am today, and all of those things happened just a year ago. I wouldn’t say that I have changed since last year, but my life sure has. From uprooting in Texas to becoming a transplant in Chicago, beginning my career and furthering my education, there has been a lot of time for growth and opportunities. I reflect on all of this because as I go into this month, I want to be able to look back on me today and think the same things. That growth needs to continue, and it will if I set the right intentions.
Setting intentions of the month of June will help guide me throughout another (hopefully successful) month. My intentions are…
- Connect my mind to my body during workouts and movement throughout the day
- Make time for myself each day
- Write and post three times a week
- Make a budget and stick to those guidelines, especially on the weekends
- Take more time to check in on others, even if you haven’t connected in a while
- Be mindful fo my sleeping habits
- Discover new ways to stay motivated on a physical and emotional level
- Spend less money on materialistic items
- Explore my creativity within fashion
In order for me to visualize these intentions, I have tried to shift these words to photos by creating a mood board. If you are a visual person like myself, I recommend doing this so you can see and remind yourself of your intentions throughout the month. Remember, these are not goals, as you do not have to feel discouraged if you do not achieve them. Intentions are meant to serve as a guide, and incorporate mindful habits into your daily routine. There is no pressure to complete a task, but an opportunity for you to focus on yourself from the inside out.